diary of the baseball princess

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Books ---> Movies

Whenever a book is made into a movie, it's usually cheesy and the book is always better. On Monday, I saw "The Notebook" with Sheryl and Miriam. We all loved the book and I didn't want to expect too much from the movie since all other books into movies I've seen haven't been as good as the book.

However... "The Notebook" was a really good movie. It still held onto to the storyline in the book as well as adding some additional scenes. I cried through half the movie and was still crying when the credits were rolling. Seeing the movie made me want to read the book again. Seeing the characters I've read about in motion was great because I could see the depth of the characters and the emotions they felt. It definitely was a chick flick but it was a great movie.

The Wedding

I am now reading "The Wedding" by Nicholas Sparks. It's the companion book to "The Notebook" and it's pretty good so far. It didn't grab as much as the Notebook but it's good.

I've been into reading a lot lately and it's a good thing cause I've been bored out of my mind! I could only watch so much tv and even then there is nothing even on anymore!

4th of July Weekend...
 
This a pretty fun weekend!  Friday - we got game 1 of the Bay Bridge Series at SBC Park.  Unfortunately the A's lost.  Boo!  Saturday  - Eric and I just hung out all day and ran errands for the BBQ.  Sunday - Eric had a BBQ at his house.  It was a lot of fun...  A lot of our friends came and it was nice to just sit outside and hang out with everyone.  I played a game of Texas Hold'em w/ Peter, Joe and Lito.  I won, thank you very much!  I was really excited cause I won a whole $3!  We didn't see fireworks because we got caught up eating oysters (yum!) and smoking some hookah.  Oh well, we still had fun anyway.  Sunday - I hung out with Miriam and Sheryl.  We spent the whole day together.  It was a lot of fun cause we haven't hung out in a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home