diary of the baseball princess

Saturday, June 12, 2004

Back to the real world...

I'm back from the cruise! I miss it already! It was so much fun. I highly recommend going on one at least once.

Eric and I went on the 4 night cruise to San Diego, Catalina Island, and Ensenada, Mexico on Royal Carribean. It was sooooo nice! The ship was HUGE!

Monarch of the Seas Posted by Hello

There was 12 decks and our room was on deck 5, which was one of the main decks. We didn't really get sea sick but I did on the last night and took some medication which knocked me out. We did so much and ate so much but here are the highlights of the cruise.

* San Diego - Carne Asada fries! Yum!

Carne Asada Fries Posted by Hello



* Catalina Island -

Catalina Island Posted by Hello

We went snorkeling in Lovers Cove. It was a lot of fun and a work out! We only saw two different types of fish and the water was not as cold as I thought it would be. It was so hard to get the wetsuit on and off! We had an underwater camera so pictures to follow! It was a beautiful island and before we went snorkeling we walked around the many shops and ate at a little shack called Eric's and had fish and chips.

Eric's seaside cafe Posted by Hello

* Ensenada, Mexico - While in Mexico, we went on a tour to La Bufadora. La Bufadora is a blow hole near the shore. It's really a cavern along the water and whenever the waves hit it, water shots up like a geyser. It was really cool. After seeing the blow hole, we went shopping in the shops that lined the pathway back to the bus. There was so much to see and look at. We bought some sovenirs and there was a lot of little kids who were trying to sell us toys and Chiclets. After La Bufadora, we went to the downtown area and had fish tacos at this restaurant called Mango Mango. Downtown was ok. Just a bunch of shops.

* Monarch of the Seas - This is what our ship was called. It was huge! There was so much to do once we got on the ship. We had a lot of drinks. Eric mostly drank the drinks of the day while I enjoyed Strawberry Pina Coladas. The drinks were so good and I even got pretty drunk on the first night.

Yummy Drinks! Posted by Hello

There was food everywhere! One night there was a dessert buffet and I saw every kind of dessert I could imagine. Chocolate covered strawberries were my favorite. The next night there was a pool side buffet where they had tacos, pasta, BBQ, and fruits and desserts. There was so much food that we didn't even make it to the end of the buffet! Dinners every night were really good. It was nice to have a three course meal every night and to be served quickly. The crew was really nice! One of the most memorable things were the towel animals that the steward would have for us on the beds. One night we had a swan, and then a rabbit and last was an elephant who was wearing Eric's glasses. Really! The steward put Eric's glasses on the elephant! The crew also takes lots of pictures of you. Once when you get on the ship and then when you get off to go to different ports and then at dinner and then there are places to take prom like pics. We only bought one of the pics cause we didn't really like the others.

Anyways overall it was an AWESOME vacation except for the fact that another family took my suitcase by accident. Yup! I left without my suitcase. Some family accidentally took my suitcase and now they want me to pay to have it shipped but I told them to call the phone # on the tag that says to call if found. But apparently Royal Carribean gave them a hard time for taking it so they're gonna pay to have it shipped to me. Well it's their fault they took it. I shouldn't have to pay for their stupidity!

Other than that Eric and I had a great time! I'll put the link on the blog once I get the pics downloaded. I still feel like I'm on the boat sometimes. I feel like I'm swaying even though I'm just sitting here. Guess it will go away in a couple of days! We even gained a some weight! We did eat all the time so it's to be expected! We're also a little tanned!

I miss it already and I was just talking to Sheryl and we might try to go to the Mexican Riveira next! I hope we did cause it's so much fun to cruise!

Happy Birthday to Frankie and Mr. Cinco!

1 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOWZERS! I always wanted to try goin on a cruise. Everyone who went all say the same thing that it's soooo fun. I will go on a mission to find my next girlfriend and go on a cruise! Hahhahahhahhahah j/k. I'm glad you guys had fun and i'm also glad you guys made it back safely. Can't wait to see the pics! =]

-gbug!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home