diary of the baseball princess

Thursday, June 03, 2004

Remember Monchichis?!

After a hard day at work and hearing the depressing news about Eric Chavez, I joined Eric and Mr. Tony Cinco at Chevy's for happy hour. They shared a bucket of beer while I had a midori melon margarita which made my mouth pucker! We ate like 5 baskets of chips and some crab flautas (yum!). I was pretty buzzed after my drink, especially since I had nothing in my stomach! It was pretty fun to hang out with Tony since it's been a while.

So remember those dolls called Monchichi? They're monkeys whose eyes would move up and down and they can stick their thumbs in their mouths. If you don't know what I'm talking about, google it. Well anyway Eric thinks he looks like one since he is bald now! I looked up a pic today and laughed cause he kinda does look like one! It's cute though! They're both bald and have wide eyes! Sorry Eric! It's cute, it really is!

While we were hanging out last night, Eric and Tony shared with me how their day went. They went to a funeral service earlier in the day for their co-worker's son. The story made me so sad. The little boy was only 5 years old and he died of menangitis. I think they said he had surgery to release liquid in his brain and then he fell into a coma and never woke up. It was really sad to hear the way his mom was during the service. Tony said that it is part of their culture to cremate someone who has passed away. He actually went to the creamtorium while Eric decided not to. Tony did not know what to expect and he said he saw the casket go into an elevator looking thing which was probably the chamber where the body will be cremated. He was really bothered by what he saw and I don't think he knew what was going to happen. It is really sad to hear of a little child passing away at such a young age. Apparently the little boy was autistic as well. Knowing that made it such a sadder story. It must be difficult for the family. I was also wondering what they did the ashes because I cannot imagine keeping it at home. Maybe they'll spread his ashes somewhere special.

Enough sad stuff... I'm going to try to think of happy thoughts... 4 days until the cruise. Nope didn't work. Never mind, back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home